Friday 15 July 2011

Sabon, Barcelona...







Strolling along Carrer de València the other day, I noticed a bath and beauty shop called Sabon at number 260. It's not a familiar name to me so I popped in to check it out. 






Apparently they're an American firm and I think this is their first store in Spain. There isn't a whole lot of information available on the website about Europe, I assume they'll be updating it soon. What really piques my interest is the fact that they make SLS and paraben free shampoos, which I've had a hard time finding here, outside of stores like Lush. The ingredients seem to be good in all of the products, and the smell in there was incredible. 






Everything in the store is gorgeous to look at with traditional style packaging. I would say the prices are more towards the luxury end of the market and not for everyday use (unless you can afford it, which I know I can't). This is a great place for those one off treats and definitely for gift shopping. As I say, I have no idea where and how many stores they're planning to open in Europe but if you're a fan of brands like L'Occitane and Kiehls, this will be right up your street. Just in case anyone would like to know, my favourite item so far is the  Fig Coco body scrub and I do have a birthday coming up... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't go into Lush as it makes me sneeze and sneeze! I'll keep my eye out for Sabon over here...

YvonneSedition said...

I know what you mean, it can be overpowering, though I really love their shampoo bars.

This place isn't so full on, but it is more expensive.